- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of Congo
GENDER SENSITIVE PROGRAMMING IN DEMOBILIZATION & REINTEGRATION OPERATIONS
Burundi Emergency Demobilization and Transitional Reintegration Project:
LOGiCA is providing technical assistance to the Burundi Emergency Demobilization and Transitional Reintegration Project’s technical coordination team (TCT) for the implementation of a gender action plan which covers the following principle components:
- Capacity development of the project’s reintegration partners in the form of ‘Train the Trainers’ on: gender, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and household budget management.
- Economic Reintegration:
- family participation: sensitization and training of ex-combatant focal points on the importance of participation of the spouse in related activities in parallel with wider media messaging;
- female ex-combatants: training on and creation of associations and sensitization with existing women’s associations.
- Social Reintegration – Sensitization:
- (women-specific and unisex community activities,
- dedicated radio program for women’s and gender issues,
- formation of women’s radio listening clubs.
- Social Reintegration – Training:
- Women’s leadership training including pilot child-care services;
- training of ex-combatant focal points on gender and SGBV with a focus on engagement for prevention.
- Social Reintegration – Psychosocial:
- two-phased approach to identification including home-visits where necessary;
- tailored services to SGBV survivors delivered.
- Vulnerable groups:
- disabled: psychosocial services and training on home-based physical therapy provided to spouses of severely disabled ex-combatants;
- children: ensure the integration of former child – now adult ex-combatants into activities of the gender action fund (GAP).